The Journey of a Swiss Ambassador
Who is Raymond Loretan
He holds a law degree from the University of Fribourg and a diploma in European Organizations from the University of Strasbourg. Before joining the Group in January 2007, Raymond Loretan held several positions within and outside the Swiss administration for more than 20 years, serving as diplomatic Assistant to the Secretary of State at the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (1984–1987), personal adviser to Federal Councillor Arnold Koller (1987–1990), Counsellor for European Affairs of the Canton of Valais (1991–1992) and Secretary general of the Swiss Christian Democratic Party (1993–1997). In 1997, Raymond Loretan was appointed by the Swiss government as Swiss Ambassador to the Republic of Singapore and to the Sultanate of Brunei Darussalam. In 2002 he was appointed as Consul General of Switzerland in New York with ambassadorial ranking. He is also founding associate of the consultancy practice FBL associés (www.fbla.ch), Geneva, Chairman of the board of the “Société Suisse des Explosifs” and Vice-chairman of the Cave “Vins des Chevaliers”. He is Chairman of the Association SRG SSR and at the same time of the Board of Directors of the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation (SRG SSR) since 1 January 2012.
Within AEVIS Holding SA, Raymond Loretan is a member of the Strategy and Investment Committee. Within the Group, Raymond Loretan is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Genolier Swiss Medical Network SA, GSMN Vaud SA, GSMN Zürich AG, Centre Médico-Chirurgical des Eaux-Vives SA, Les Hauts de Genolier SA and Publications Financières LSI SA. He is Vice-chairman of the Board of Directors of Clinique Générale Ste-Anne SA, Ars Medica Clinic SA, Salus Medica Clinic SA, Privatklink Obach AG, Clinique Médico-Chirurgicale de Valère SA, Klinik Villa im Park AG and Schmerzklinik Basel AG. Raymond Loretan is also Board member of Victoria-Jungfrau Collection AG, GSMN Neuchâtel SA, Klinik Pyramide am See AG and SHI Swiss Hotels Investments SA.
Questions asked by your host Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC
- How would you define good leadership?
- What different skills do you need to be a Board member or to be President of a Board?
- What or who influenced you most during your career and why?
- How important was your International experience in forming you for what you do today?
- What was the situation when you first started at Société Suisse de radio diffusion et television and where is it now?
- What was your vision for SSR?
- What is your vision for Switzerland as a politician?
- What is one key takeaway from that experience that drove you to success?
- What Leadership tips can you give young, bright and talented leaders?
I hope the MKB Leadership show brings your leadership one step closer to excelling. If you enjoyed this TV show, subscribe on my youtube channel.