How to Fast Track to your Next Promotion
Do you feel like you are running on a treadmill?
Are you getting the recognition you deserve? What happens if you stay in the dull drums for the rest of your career? The risk of being ignored and not having new challenges is boredom and being placed aside… forgotten.
So how do you fast tract on your boss’s radar as a problem solver and not a problem maker.
- Don’t come to your boss with constant problems.
- Give your boss an array of documented options and possible solution.
- Choose your preferred option and state your reasoning behind your selection.
- Even if your solution is not selected, this will nevertheless allow you to problem solve with your boss and learn from the discussion
- Become your boss’ go to person to problem solve. Listen offer options.
- You are more likely to have a peer-to-peer conversation with this approach rather than simply executing your boss’ orders.
- Inquire what your boss’ aspirations and challenges
- Finding solutions for your boss’ challenges will help you be perceived as a problem solver. Be prepared before every meeting.
- After every discussion, evaluate what value added you brought to the discussion
- With time, you will become your boss’ go-to person.
CALL TO ACTION
If you want to know more your next best move to become the obvious leadership choice, contact us for a complimentary strategy session.