Episode 04: Saving Children with Seth Berkley CEO of GAVI
Seth Berkley answers what led him to become the successful leader he is as CEO of GAVI the Vaccine Alliance while answering the following questions. Tune in.
- What is your leadership Strategy?
- What is one trait you possess that makes you an effective leader?
- Can you tell us a story of how you used that trait to build success?
- What were some of your most difficult challenges in your career and how did you overcome them? Take us to your biggest failure?
- What is one key takeaway from that experience, that drove you to success?
- Who had an impact on you in regards to your career path or one person who you regarded as a mentor in regards to leadership?
- How important is innovation within your company?
- How do you motivate the people who work for you?
- What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
- Can you explain the impact, if any, that social networking has made in your organization or you personally?
- What advice would you give someone going into a leadership position for the first time?
Who is Seth Berkley?
Seth Berkley joined the GAVI Alliance as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in August 2011. The GAVI Alliance is a public-private partnership whose mission is to save children’s lives and protect people’s health by increasing access to immunization in developing countries.
Since its launch in 2000, GAVI has prevented more than five million future deaths and helped protect 288 million children with new and underused vaccines. Under Berkley’s leadership, the Alliance plans to deliver vaccines to another quarter of a billion children and prevent four million more deaths by 2015. Dr. Seth Berkley is a medical epidemiologist by training. He is the current CEO of the GAVI Alliance and a global advocate on the power of vaccines. He is also the founder and former CEO of the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative.
Sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching
If you have enjoyed EIE episode 4, please consider subscribing on iTunes to not miss a new episode and leave a review as well. 🙂
This podcast has been sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Make your dreams into reality. Invest in yourself by means of coaching programs.