EEC 221: What Propagandists and Cult Leaders Can Teach US About Success with Michael F. Schein
Are you susceptible to propaganda and persuasion? Hype truly runs our world today. What effects does it have on entrepreneurs? with Michael F. Schein.
- Hype is a word that often has a negative connotation. Why did you choose it for the title of your book?
- What key messages do you communicate in your book, the Hype Handbook?
- You’ve publicly called out a number of prominent gurus, including Gary Vaynerchuk, Tony Robbins, and Simon Sinek. What is your point of view about them?
- Why did you choose coaches and consultants for your company’s target market?
- Why do you shy away from the word “marketing” in describing what you do?
- Is it really more helpful for your clients to promote themselves rather than doing the work for them?
Michael F. Schein
Michael F. Schein is the founder and president of MicroFame Media, a company that specializes in making idea-based companies famous in their fields. Some of his clients have included eBay, Magento, The Medici Group, University of Pennsylvania, Gordon College, University of California Irvine, United Methodist Publishing House, Ricoh, LinkedIn, and Citrix. His writing has appeared in Fortune, Forbes, Inc., Psychology Today, and Huffington Post, and he is a speaker for international audiences spanning from the northeastern United States to the southeastern coast of China. His book The Hype Handbook: 12 Indispensable Success Secrets From the World’s Greatest Propagandists, Self-Promoters, Cult Leaders, Mischief Makers, and Boundary Breakers, published by McGraw Hill, appears where books are sold.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.