EEC 217: How to Decode Workplace Bias with Arthur Woods
Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC interviews Arthur Woods about being where you need to be with the knowledge of diversity hiring.
- How can companies reduce bias when hiring?
- What are the biggest problems you see in most companies’ diversity hiring efforts?
- What are the advantages of workplace diversity?
- What is the difference in approach to diversity in Europe and in the US?
- What personal experience has led you to focus on this area?
- How can HR teams improve their job descriptions to be less biased?
- What valuable insight can you share from work with YouTube’s Education division?
Arthur Woods is a social entrepreneur, LGBTQ+ advocate working at the intersection of equity and technology. He is the author of the up & coming book Hiring for Diversity and most recently co-founded Mathison, a venture-backed technological platform equipping employers with all they need to manage their diversity hiring efforts. He is a three-time TEDx speaker and has advised brands such as Disney, Sonos, the Smithsonian, and many more.
Arthur was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 and 40 Under 40 by BEQ. He is a World Economic Forum Global Shaper, GCT Entrepreneur in Residence, and many more! He was the lead of Google’s Education and Schools division. Since then he has been at the forefront of developing platforms such as Imperative, Out in Tech & Social Impact 360, a collegiate social enterprise education program.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.