EEC 204: Grow Stronger Leaders and Teams with Effective Communication Skills by Meredith Bell
Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC interviews Meredith Bell about the importance of sharpening your communication so that your leadership skills improve as well as the cohesiveness of your team.
- I’ve noticed that the name of your company is Performance Support Systems. What is the No. 1 thing organizations should be focused on improving to boost their performance?
- Which communication skills are most essential for effective leader-team interactions?
- Why is it that most learning and development programs don’t produce lasting improvement in performance, and what’s the solution?
- Frustrations are inevitable while learning a new skill, so what will motivate people to stick with it?
- What do you mean by “peer coach” and what does it take to be effective in that role?
Meredith Bell is co-founder and President of Performance Support Systems, a global software company providing assessment and development tools for the workplace. Their award-winning software and books guide leaders and team members to make the shift from KNOWING to DOING. The result is permanent improvements in the way people interact with each other. Meredith is an expert in leader and team communications, the author of two books, and the host of the Strong for Performance podcast. She has worked with thousands of consultants and coaches, business leaders, Human Resources professionals, and Learning & Development executives to successfully implement their tools. Meredith co-authored her latest book, Connect with Your Team: Mastering the Top 10 Communication Skills, with her business partner, Dr. Dennis Coates. In it, Meredith and Denny provide an unprecedented, step-by-step how-to guide for improving communication.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.