EEC 174: How to Overcome the Urgency Epidemic with Brandon Smith
In answering the following questions, Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC discusses with Brandon Smith the “overdose of urgency” that individuals face and how it affects their business and personal life.
- What do you qualify as workplace dysfunction?
- How do you go about identifying a company’s culture?
- What do you mean by “hot sauce” to describe urgency?
- What is the right dose of urgency for a leader to install and when does urgency simply mean firefighting?
- How do you see the benefits of face-to-face interview process compared to a 360 Degree Feedback System based on competencies?
- When does Executive Presence become essential according to you?
Brandon Smith is a leading expert in leadership communication and curer of workplace dysfunction. Known as “The Workplace Therapist,” Brandon is a sought-after executive coach, TEDx speaker, author and award-winning business school instructor. He has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, CNN, Fox News.com, NPR, Forbes and many others for his expertise. His book “The Hot Sauce Principle: How to Live and Lead in a World Where Everything Is Urgent All of the Time” helps readers to master urgency so they can more effectively lead others, manage expectations, and prevent burnout at home.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.