EEC 162: How to Reach Optimum Performance Whether You Are an Athlete, Artist or Business Executive with Bradley Donohue
Do you feel you are not moving forward fast enough? Are your goals never being reached? Find out how you can accelerate your performance with this optimization program. Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC asks Dr. Bradley Donohue to discuss the questions below as Dr. Donohue explains how to reach optimum performance.
- The optimization programs you developed with support from the National Institute of Health in the U.S. (like the Optimum Performance Program for Sports) focus on mental wellness and performance at the same time. How do these programs differ from traditional therapies that focus on eliminating problems or pathology?
- Our society is very goal driven, and most of our audience has been taught about SMART goals (that goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely). Your team uses the term “Dynamic Goals” as a base component. Could you tell us how you create and monitor Dynamic Goals?
- I know there is a lot to it, but what’s The Optimum Performance Program in Sports (TOPPS)?
- You have a process called HEARD? What does that stand for?
- I know the optimization programs you developed were originally created for athletes and artists, but it seems like they may be relevant to other systems, like police organizations, universities, and corporations?
- Why is it important for athletes, artists, first responders, business executives, and so on to participate in optimization?
Brad Donohue is a licensed clinical psychologist and Professor in the Psychology Department and Director of The Optimum Performance Program in Sports at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He’s a Distinguished Alumni of Nova Southeastern University.
With a recent focus on human performance and mental health, he’s primarily interested in the development and evaluation of optimization programs for individuals who share unique cultures and specialized skill sets, such as athletes and artists.
He’s coauthored 5 books and more than 150 scientific manuscripts, and he’s directed projects that have been funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), and Cirque du Soleil.
He’s received awards for his community service, teaching and research, including the James Mikawa Award for Outstanding Contributions to Psychology, Harry Reid Silver State Research Award, Barrick Distinguished Scholar Award, and Schmeidel Lifetime Service Award.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
If you have enjoyed this episode, subscribe to iTunes. We would love a review on iTunes or other platform.
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.
Your host is Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC, founder and general manager of www.mkbconseil.ch a company specialized in leadership development and executive coaching.