EEC 151: How to Level Up Your Hiring Process with David Russell
Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC interviews David Russell and discuss the importance of the hiring process and how to avoid the big mistakes.
- What’s the #1 objective leaders should have when hiring?
- What’s the biggest mistake made in hiring?
- Why are assessments worth the cost in the hiring process?
- We seem to hire good people most of the time. Why is a hiring system so important?
- Are there steps in a hiring process that every leader absolutely must do? If so, why?
- Some managers never interview new hires that report to them. It’s done by HR or their boss. How is that a good or bad approach?
- What’s the most expensive hiring mistake?
- Why do people hire you to interview job candidates instead of just having you teach them how to do it?
David Russell is the creator of the #1 Hiring Goal system, the most effective way for entrepreneurs to hire in any economic conditions. David is the founder of Manage 2 Win, a management consulting firm located in Roseville, California. He is the author of 5 books, the creator of over 75 lessons on business soft skills, and the podcast host of over 140 episodes. His systematic and conscientious approach has helped leaders and organizations in all industries hire better people, improve leadership systems, better engage employees, and strengthen company culture.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.