EEC 133: Authentic Connections Given the Current Crisis
Amy Lynn Durham is interviewed by Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC and discusses the following:
- What can leaders do to bring authentic connection and meaning to a “beer after work” team build?
- Given the current COVID-19 situation where everyone is physical distancing, how can we forge authentic connection via virtual meetings and even virtual happy hours?
- With the hundreds of employees that you’ve managed, what have you found has been the most effective way to bring diverse, competitive personalities into a more collaborative space?
- What have you done in the past when you had individuals that didn’t get along, or didn’t necessarily like each other on the team?
- What are some ways to set an intention to transform a team to becoming collaborative and supportive of each other?
- At what point did you discover that utilizing your expense budget on employees for a cocktail or dinner after work wasn’t the most effective way to connect?
Amy Lynn Durham
Amy Lynn Durham is a U.C. Berkeley Certified Executive Coach and Emotional Intelligence Practitioner who spent years in the corporate world successfully managing hundreds of employees for private and publicly traded companies. She is often referred to as a Corporate Mystic due to her unique ability in bringing Spiritual Intelligence (SQ) to energize and transform the workplace.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.