EEC 122: Coach the Person, Not the Problem with Marcia Reynolds
Marcia Reynolds is interviewed by Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC and discusses the following:
- When coaching, how do you shift from an external problem-solving focus to an internal focus of shifting perspective and possibilities?
- Explain how Reflective Inquiry is different from how most coaches were trained to coach.
- In your new book, Coach the Person, Not the Problem, you break down 5 Crazy Coaching Beliefs. Would you list the beliefs and what coaches should believe instead?
- What are your best tips for coaching in times of crisis and uncertainty?
- What are the 3 Mental Habits you suggest coaches cultivate to make their skills more effective?
Dr. Marcia Reynolds, Master Certified Coach helps coaches and leaders make every conversation a difference-making experience. She has provided coaching and training in 41 countries, is the Training Director for the Healthcare Coaching Institute in the US and teaches for coaching schools in China, Russia, and The Philippines. Her personal clients include leaders in multinational corporations, non-profit organizations, and government agencies.
Marcia was the 5th global president of the International Coach Federation and recently inducted into ICF’s Circle of Distinction for her contributions to the global coaching community.
Excellent Executive Coaching Podcast
The EEC podcasts are sponsored by MKB Excellent Executive Coaching that helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.