EEC 116: The Rise of the Beta Leader
Jeffrey Hull is interviewed by Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC and discusses the following:
- What are the major changes you are seeing on the leadership landscape today? Why are these important?
- What led you to write FLEX?
- What are the key success factors for developing what you call “leadership agility”? Why does this matter?
- What is “somatic leadership” and why is it so important today?
- How can organizations succeed — from start-ups to multi-nationals–in today’s disrupted world?
- What is the distinction between “alpha” and “beta” leaders and why does it matter?
Jeffrey Hull, Ph.D. BCC is CEO of Leadershift, Inc. a leadership development consultancy based in New York City and author of the best-selling book, FLEX: The Art and Science of Leadership in A Changing World, from Penguin-Random House in 2019. A highly sought after speaker, consultant and executive coach with over twenty-five years working with C-suite leaders worldwide, Dr. Hull is also a Clinical Instructor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School and adjunct Professor of Leadership at New York University. He is the Director of Education and Business Development at the Institute of Coaching, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate. Dr Hull has been featured in Harvard Business Review, The New York Times, Investors Business Daily, and a wide range of media. He can be reached at www.jeffreyhull.com.