EEC 065: Executive Coaching: How Not to be Servants to HR with Myles Downey
Myles Downey, an executive coach, tells us, “How Not to be Servants to HR” and have leaders simply comply to get their next bonus. He also answers the following questions:
- What is the current state of the executive coaching market?
- What is different about the world in the 21st Century and what are the implications for coaching?
- If someone starts a career as an executive coach today – what advice might you give them?
- You published Modern Effective Coaching a year ago – how is this different from your earlier book Effective Coaching?
- How do you maintain an edge and keep learning as an executive coach
- Why do you practice as an executive coach?
Who is Myles Downey
Myles Downey is a writer, speaker, consultant, innovator and is widely regarded as one of the leading coaches in the UK and Europe. He founded The School of Coaching in 1996 and then The School of Coaching International in 2015 to bring the best coaching training to a global audience. He created the first and only automated coaching system, Enable, in 2014 designed to offer affordable high-quality coaching to the many. He has written Effective Coaching, which sold 30,000 copies and was considered a seminal work on coaching, and published ‘Effective Modern Coaching’ in 2014. From 2013 to 2015 he lead the ‘Enabling Genius Research Project’ with an international team resulting in ‘Enabling Genius – a mindset for the 21st Century’ to be published in March 2016. The project is an on-going exploration of what it takes to maximize performance.
Excellent Executive Coaching
MKB Excellent Executive Coaching helps you get from where you are to where you want to be with customized leadership and coaching development programs. MKB Excellent Executive Coaching offers leadership development programs to generate action, learning, and change that is aligned with your authentic self and values. Transform your dreams into reality and invest in yourself with coaching programs to reach your goals.
Your host is Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC, founder and general manager of www.mkbconseil.ch.