EEC 021: Cultural Misunderstandings: Working with Different Leadership Styles, with Dr. Katrina Burrus
- Why is cultural understanding important to know?
- How do you define culture?
- How do you define cultural misunderstanding?
- Examples of cultural misunderstandings between an individual’s personal values and a company’s values?
- Examples of national cultural differences that can cause conflict?
- Tips for our listeners?
Listen to our podcast to find out how these cultural misunderstandings take place and how you might prepare yourself to overcome them.
Cultural Misunderstandings: Working with Different Leadership Styles
Amid globalization, global leaders need to think globally while acting locally. Companies are in dire need of leaders who possess an exceptional ability to accelerate business in complex and multicultural environments. However, working in a multicultural environment is complex and causes many cultural misunderstandings. Even if you never leave the US, the increase in the rate of globalization will likely have you working with a peer, employee or boss from a different national, cultural background.